I love cheese and I love bacon so this recipe is a match made in heaven for me! These mini peppers are not only delicious, but they’re also just the perfect size for a quick bite. Perfect for picnics, dinner gatherings or even as an appetizer at your next party!
The first time I had these cheesy, bacon-stuffed mini sweet peppers, I could hardly believe it. Their flavor is delicious, with an amazing balance between heat and sweetness. Top them with a little sour cream or plain yogurt, and you’ve got a filling low carb appetizer or meal.
How To Make 3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Today I’m sharing a recipe with you that combines everything you love in one bite – cheese and bacon stuffed mini sweet peppers.
3 Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers Recipe
- 15 mini sweet peppers in assorted colors
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 6 oz ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 strips thick cut bacon crispy and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash peppers and pat dry. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds and membranes from each pepper half and discard. Set aside
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta cheese, thyme leaves, and bacon. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine
- Place the top oven rack in the 2nd highest position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- With a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cheese and bacon mixture and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle some of the freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of each pepper half.
- Place the baking sheet on the top oven rack and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes or just until the cheese begins to brown and the peppers start to blister. Remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring the peppers to a serving platter. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|