Potato salad has always been a classic summertime dish. Creamy, hearty, and satisfying as a side dish or meal on its own.
There are many recipes out there but this one is our favorite. It makes a large batch so you can enjoy it all throughout the summer.
This recipe is perfect for an outdoor picnic or barbecue, a summertime lunch or dinner, and an easy side dish any time of year! The red potatoes are just right in texture and flavor, with the fresh herbs enriching the salad.
Let’s be honest, sometimes the best meal you can make is not something hot but cold and filling. Whether you’re super hungry or just want something light, creamy red potato salad is a tasty option that will never disappoint! This dish pairs well with grilled chicken or meat loaf.
How To Make Creamy Red Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs
Creamy red potato salad is a dish that is typically found in the Midwest. The unique ingredients for this dish are greek yoghurt, dijon mustard, mayonnaise with some fresh herbs and shallots.
To make creamy red potato salad: Start by cutting your red potatoes into cubes before cooking them, then allow to cool. In the meantime, mix together the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl with all other herbs and seasoning. then add the potatoes to the mixture and mix thoroughly until everything is combined equally.
Creamy Red Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds red potatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium shallots finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly, cook the quartered red potatoes until fork tender. Remove potatoes from dish and drain. Set aside and spread along in a single layer to dry.
- In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, greek yogurt, shallot and fresh herbs. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the potatoes and then gently pour the creamy mixture over and toss to coat evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and store in the fridge if preferred chilled or serve immediately.
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|