In this post, you’re going to learn how to make your own supercharged iced matcha latte. But before we show you the recipe, let’s glance at the reasons why you should be drinking this regularly.
In addition to the vast amount of antioxidants, what makes it most appealing, is that the amount of L-Theanine matcha contains is much higher than any other teas.
L-Theanine is a remarkable amino acid. It contributes to the flavor of the tea, giving it a vegetal savory-ness which turns to sweetness.
More importantly, this amino acid has incredible health benefits. L-Theanine directly affects your brain chemistry–it ultimately helps reduce stress levels, enhances your mood, improves cognitive ability, and boosts your immune system (2).
How To Make Iced Matcha Latte
This iced matcha latte recipe makes a perfect afternoon pick-me-up while getting a blast of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
What You’ll Need:
- Good quality matcha powder.
- Dairy-free milk of choice (Preferably almond milk or coconut milk).
- A bowl big enough to mix your matcha in.
- A bamboo whisk.
- Hot boiled water.
- A glass filled with ice cubes
- OPTIONAL – Natural sweetener of choice (We prefer to use agave or honey)
Whisk the Perfect Matcha (Using Bamboo Whisk)
The bamboo whisk (Chasen) is an important tool used to prepare a matcha beverage.
The whisk is used to mix the matcha powder and water into a frothy and foamy beverage. This is key to making a delicious iced matcha latte.
Below is a quick one minute video, showing how to use a bamboo whisk to make perfectly smooth and frothy matcha.
This is the first and most important step before adding in the other ingredients to make a delicious iced latte.
Iced Matcha Latte Recipe
- 1-2 tsp organic matcha powder
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-2 tsp agave or honey (natural sweetener of choice)
In a small bowl, add your matcha powder and just enough hot water (1-2 tbsp) to mix your matcha into a paste.
Use your bamboo whisk to mix thoroughly. You’d want to whisk in a circular and zig zag formation until completely dissolved and smooth.
In a large glass filled with iced cubes, pour in 1 cup of almond milk, add your natural sweetener of choice and then slowly pour your matcha into the glass. Stir with a spoon.
Healthy Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 2 tsp matcha powder organic
- 1.5 cup almond milk or macadamia nut milk
- 2 tbsp boiled hot water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp natural sweetener of choice
- In s small bowl, add the matcha powder and hot water. Use a bamboo whisk to mix well for about 30 seconds or until the matcha powder is completely dissolved.
- In a large glass or mason jar, add in the ice cubes first before pouring in the rest of the ingredients. Use a spoon to stir and mix.
- Serve and enjoy!