If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious meal, you may want to try this recipe. It combines protein-packed fish with lemon and lime wedges, fresh peppers and coriander. The end result is a light and flaky fish that’s vibrant with flavors and colors.
The tastes of fish and citrus complement each other endlessly, so consider adding a packet or two of these to your dish. By adding these flavors to whitefish, you get the delicate taste of both fish and citrus with an added crunch for extra texture. Furthermore, the oils in a foil packet ensure that the fish won’t dry out before cooking.
How To Make Foil Packet Citrus White Fish
Foil packet cooking is a great way to keep your dinner warm without turning on the oven. It also has the added bonus of infusing your food with all sorts of delicious flavors, like lemon and herbs in this recipe. You can use any type of white fish you want, but a mild fish like tilapia will work best.
Homemade Foil Packet Citrus White Fish Recipe
- 4 6-oz. fresh or frozen fish fillets
- 8 slices lime
- 12 slices lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh jalapeno peppers
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- If preparing indoors, place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Tear off 4 sheets of aluminum foil into sections large enough to fold over fillets, with another couple of inches on each side to seal.
- Place one fillet slightly off center on each sheet and add 3 lemon slices and 2 lime slices on top of each. Sprinkle one-quarter of the cilantro and jalapeno pepper over each fillet, and top with one tablespoon butter. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Fold the aluminum foil in half over the ingredients. Fold the 3 opensides, one at a time, over several times to seal the packet completely. Seal the packet tight enough to hold in the steam, but allow enough room for the air to expand.
- Place the foil packets in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, or place on hot grill over medium, direct heat and cook for approximately 8-10minutes.
- Remove from oven (or grill) and carefully open the foil packets to avoid the hot steam. Discard the lemon and lime slices. Transfer fillets to individual serving plates, if desired, or leave inside foil packets and top with some spicy peach salsa before serving. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|