Bone-in pork chops are an often-overlooked cut of meat that can be found in both the refrigerator and freezer sections of the supermarket. They boast a flavorful, juicy center and a crispy, crunchy exterior. With this recipe you’ll learn why they are so tasty while also being easy to make in your own home.
It’s hard to imagine how much easier it can possibly be. Honestly, what are you waiting for?
As with any type of meat, it’s important to maintain a safe temperature while grilling. The bone helps the meat cook more evenly because heat travels up the bone into the meat. This means you can allow your pork chops to be on the grill a little longer than usual before checking on them, and you’ll get that nice, charred exterior that gives grilled meats their signature smoky flavor.
How To Make The Perfect Grilled Herb-Rubbed Bone-In Pork Chops
Grilling pork chops is an entirely different experience than grilling red meat. While steaks can be charred on the outside and a delicious shade of pink or red inside, pork needs to be cooked uniformly throughout. Use a medium direct heat while grilling pork to achieve these results.
Grilled Herb-Rubbed Bone-In Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves torn
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- cooking spray for grill
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops, approximately 1” thick
- Combine sea salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, smashed garlic, and Hawaiian black salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Scrub grill grates with a wire brush and coat lightly with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Rub herb mixture over all sides of pork chops until coated. Place on the pre-heated grill and cook for 7-8 minutes, turning once halfway through. Keep the grill lid closed while cooking.
- Remove chops from grill and brush off any remaining large chunks of the herb rub. Cover loosely and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|