I know what you’re thinking — another burger recipe? But don’t worry, this one is anything but ordinary.
This recipe features a super juicy patty, with a perfect crust from the grill. And then there are the toppings. I’m talking melted blue cheese and avocado that has been sautéed in garlic for just a few minutes to brown it slightly before adding to your burger for some added creaminess and color!
I’ve made this one dozens of times and they always go over well. My best tip is to have everything chopped ahead of time because the avocado can seem a little tricky if you’re trying to do it yourself.
“Loving a juicy burger that is bursting with flavor is one of the best things in life.”
You’ve probably heard this before and, if not, you certainly should take it to heart. One of the best ways to cook an amazing burger at home is by following a recipe and using quality ingredients so that your meal will turn out flavorful and memorable.
How To Make Grilled Burgers with Blue Cheese and Avocado
This recipe is easy to make at home, but it will take your grilled burger game to the next level. The avocado adds a lot of flavor and the blue cheese is amazing! You could also mix this up for a veggie burger, or even try adding some bacon! These are best served with these homemade waffle fries.
Below you’ll find everything you need to know about how to make this delicious summer meal.
Grilled Burgers with Blue Cheese and Avocado
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian pork sausage no casings
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup white onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- blue cheese crumbled
- 8 hamburger buns lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- leaf lettuce
- tomatoes sliced
- Avocado sliced
- Clean grill grates and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to high.
- Add ground beef, sausage, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, and rosemary to a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and combine thoroughly. Make sure both types of meat and all seasonings are completely incorporated throughout the mixture.
- Divide meat mixture into 8 equal parts and shape each part into ¾-inchthick patties. Place patties on a lined tray and use your thumb to create an indent in the middle to keep them from puffing up while cooking.
- Place patties over direct, high heat on your grill and cook for 8-10minutes.
- Flip and move burgers to indirect heat 2-3 minutes before they are done. Top with blue cheese and close lid to allow cheese to melt completely.
- Transfer burgers to a platter and serve immediately on toasted hamburger buns and topped with lettuce, tomato, and avocado slices. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|