Let’s be honest, we’ve all had a bad day. It happens to the best of us. What do you do when you can’t decide on what movie to watch, or how to fix your takeout order? You make these Honey Mustard Chicken Wings!
These wings have a simple and slightly sweet honey mustard sauce based off the classic Buffalo wing recipe.
You can really taste the honey in the sauce, which is a nice change from the thick, sweet sauces we’re used to. It is best paired with this creamy red potato salad or any other delicious sides!
Like all recipes, this one can be made with turkey wings or chicken wings. If you have a preference you can certainly substitute with chicken wings.
It’s amazing how easy it is to get the kids involved in cooking dinner. Not only do they have fun chopping and cooking veggies, but they will also help prepare some of their favorite sides!
The recipe below is fairly simple, with minimal ingredients needed to make these perfect chicken wings.
How To Make Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
The recipe is simple, with only a few simple ingredients; for the sauce, which also includes butter, garlic, honey and Dijon mustard. The combination of these ingredients makes these wings uniquely flavorful.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey Mustard Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place and line the chicken wings on baking sheet evenly apart. Season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven and cook for 40-50 minutes or until golden crisp.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and butter and cook until soft (1-2 minutes). Turn the heat to low and add the mustard and honey. Stir and combine until mixture is fully incorporated and honey dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the chicken wings from the baking sheet and place into a large bowl. Pour the mixture over and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|