It’s during those random moments of craving a cold, creamy taste that you suddenly realize: What I really want is a homemade vanilla ice cream soda. Not just any kind of soda or treat will do, either — you need the perfect combination of flavors and textures to make your mouth water and your stomach growl for more.
Since I already had some ice cream made from a great recipe I found, the only thing left to do was make my own chocolate syrup.
It was amazing how easy it was to make this homemade chocolate syrup. All you need is a few simple ingredients.
I’m tempted to try this homemade chocolate syrup on other things besides vanilla ice cream, but to be honest, I haven’t tried it yet because I’ve been too busy sipping it down. There’s something about this combination of liquid and food that makes me feel like a kid again.
How To Make Ice Cream Soda with Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Vanilla ice cream soda with chocolate syrup might sound a bit strange, but it’s actually quite an enjoyable treat. It’s a perfect way to beat the heat at home or on the go. Not only is it delicious, but it also won’t melt!
Ice Cream Soda with Homemade Chocolate Syrup Recipe
Chocolate Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup club soda
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- chocolate chips
- To prepare the chocolate syrup, combine the water, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a small skillet set over medium heat. Whisk vigorously until the sugar is dissolved and the cocoa powder is thoroughly incorporated into the mixture, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add a large spoonful of chocolate syrup to each serving glass and top with enough club soda to fill each glass halfway. Divide the ice cream between the glasses and top with additional chocolate syrup.
- To serve, top each ice cream soda with a generous amount of whipped cream, mini-chocolate chips, and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|