Everyone loves pulled pork. Whether you’re throwing a barbecue or just want to have dinner waiting for you and your family, your friends won’t be able to get enough of these Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Pork Sliders.
One of the most popular dishes in America is pulled pork, but it usually takes hours to make.
This recipe uses your Instant Pot to reduce the cooking time so you can have delicious BBQ pork sandwiches with minimal effort!
These sandwiches are perfect for your next cookout or party since they require very little work. All you need to do is season the pork shoulder then place it in the Instant Pot and turn it on.
How To Make Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Pork Sliders
These sliders are a much easier alternative to traditional pulled pork, but they taste just as delicious with your favorite toppings, like coleslaw or pineapple salsa. Oh, and these baby-sized sandwiches are quick and easy to make in just about an hour. It doesn’t get any better than that! So let’s get started.
Amazing Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Pork Sliders Recipe
Pulled Pork Ingredients
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds pork shoulder roast, trimmed and cut into 4-6 chunks
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- slider buns toasted
Cabbage Slaw Ingredients:
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot®. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and half the pork shoulder and season with one-half teaspoon garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste. Sear until pork is browned on all sides, approximately 1-2 minutes per side, before transferring to a large, rimmed plate. Set aside.
- Repeat Step #2 with another tablespoon olive oil and the remaining pork and garlic powder. Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired. Once seared, transfer to the rimmed plate with the rest of the pork and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, plus the red onion and shallot. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze Instant Pot by adding the chicken broth and gently scraping the bottom of the container with a plastic spatula to loosen any browned bits. Pour in the apple cider vinegar and three-quarter cups BBQ sauce. Return the seared pork and its juices to the unit and cover, locking the lid into place.
- Set the pressure valve to “sealing” and select the “Manual” option on the highest setting. Adjust cook time to 50 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the cabbage slaw by adding the cabbage to a large bowl. Mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, and garlic powder in a smaller bowl before adding to the larger bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and shred the pork with two forks. Allow the shredded pork to sit in the warm liquid for 5 minutes to soak up more flavor before serving, if desired.
- To serve, transfer the shredded pork with tongs to a large bowl and toss with remaining BBQ sauce. To serve, divide the shredded pork between the toasted slider buns and top with some of the cabbage slaw. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|