Not only is this recipe for a simple grilled marinated chicken breast easy to whip up, it’s also delicious and healthy. Eat it on its own, over rice, with roasted potatoes — the possibilities are endless! Plus, it’s made in less than 20 minutes and all you need is pantry staples like olive oil, zest, lime juice, apple cider vinegar and some fresh herbs. If you’re tired of getting takeout every night or if you want to simplify your life by cooking in bulk on weekends (or both!), this dish is perfect for you.
The marinade has such incredible flavor, that this chicken can be served on its own with a side salad for an easy and healthy meal any day of the week—not just weekends when you have more time or on the go when you’re feeling too busy to cook.
How To Make Mouthwatering Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast
One of the truly wonderful things about grilling is that you never have to turn on your stove. It’s also simple and fast, and it lets you cook some of the most flavor-packed food around using just a few simple ingredients. Here, we will show you how to make mouth-watering, smoky Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts with only a few steps.
Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 8-oz chicken breast skinless
- To prepare the marinade, add the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and zest, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt, and black pepper to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken breasts to a 1-gallon sealable freezer bag and pour marinade mixture over top. Seal bag and turn to coat breasts thoroughly. Place the bag in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight. Turn the bag a couple times to evenly distribute the marinade during this time.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and discard excess marinade. Grill the breasts over medium direct heat, turning once, for 10-12 minutes total. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes before serving with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|