Orzo pasta salad with tomatoes and capers is super-easy to make, perfect for summer picnics or barbecues. The best part? There are no packaged ingredients!
This recipe will show you how to make a simple tomato and orzo pasta salad with fresh thyme, parsley, oil, capers, garlic, squeezed lemon juce and salt and pepper. Then it’s just a matter of mixing everything in a bowl before serving to your friends! This healthy dish will be the talk of your next get-together.
You can think of orzo as a rolled version of macaroni. It’s pretty small, about one to two inches in diameter, but it cooks up just like the same size macaroni. And just like macaroni and other tubed pastas, it’s a great low-carb side dish option.
You can find orzo in the bulk section of your local market, or you can make your own. It just takes a little effort and some time…if you want to try out your hand at making pasta from scratch, check out our easy tutorial on how to make homemade pasta!
How To Make Orzo Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Capers
This Orzo Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Capers recipe is a really easy dish to make. It’s got some nice fresh ingredients, like tomatoes and capers, which go really well together. And it uses just a handful of ingredients The best thing about this salad is that you can serve it at any time of the day — breakfast for breakfast or lunch for lunch.
Orzo Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Capers Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic extra minced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1.5 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp caper liquid
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and minced garlic to a skillet set over medium heat. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic starts to develop some color.
- Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or just until tomatoes become soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Ina large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, capers and liquid, lemon juice, thyme, and parsley with the warm tomato and garlic mixture. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Stir and serve chilled with grilled chicken breasts or your favorite entrée of choice. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|