A sprightly summertime favorite that is sure to brighten up your day!
Having a cocktail hour on the patio is great, but what about a cocktail hour in your kitchen? It doesn’t have to be complicated or hard.
The drink will come out tasting sweet and invigorating- perfect for the sunny season ahead! This blackberry basil cocktail recipe can be enjoyed by itself or as part of an outdoor soirée.
This recipe calls for fresh whole blackberries. You should wash and remove any stems prior to cooking or use frozen blackberries.
How To Make Sparkling Blackberry Basil Cocktail
Blackberries are at their peak this time of year, and a perfect way to celebrate them is by making this refreshing drink. This fresh cocktail will make you feel like summer has arrived, no matter what time of the year it is. The blackberries add a tart flavor to the drink that balances out the sweetness of the honey.
Sparkling Blackberry Basil Cocktail
- 10 large blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 750 ml Prosecco bottle chilled
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the blackberries, water, honey and basil. Stir occasionally until mixture heats through and starts to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove solids. Reserve remaining liquid and set aside to cool.
- Finish by topping off each glass with some chilled Prosecco.
- Garnish each glass with 3-4 fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil, if desired, before serving. Enjoy!
|Inspired Fork is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.|